First flower photo on this forum

Lets test how this forum works. And can we share photos.
This is taken with OM-1 + 60mm Zuiko.

5 Likes

ahh Nice one nice one. Wonder if the images are compressed here?

Good question, atleast images are smaller than orginal.

1 Like

There should be an option to download original images when you enlarge them in the lightbox!

1 Like

Thanks, need try that next time!

That download option will work for the photo you already posted above. I see it. :slight_smile:

No its not working, photo is still 1920 x 1440.
Orginal size is 5184 × 3888

Oh, okay. And you uploaded that in the 5184 x 3888 resolution?

Yes, and here is also 5184 × 3888

3 Likes

lovely, the texture, the colours. fantastic.

Great! The forum seems to work. :slight_smile:

Mike

The easy and often implemented approach to ensure that no executable code or exploit is stored on a server by hiding it in an image is to decode and encode the image when uploading. You should be able to prevent the resizing with the standard Discourse software. I suspect you will need a proprietary photo upload and display plugin to keep and display the exif information. I have not seen any forum software which stores the original image on the server.

Will look into options for embedding/displaying images that preserves the original resolution and EXIF data.

1 Like

That’s really lovely - this has a very artistic feel to it; reminiscent of a pencil drawing. Excellent!

IvyLeaf Geranium & PricklyPear still life

1 Like

I think I oversaturated, but couldn’t be bothered redoing it, so am just pretending the flower really was that blue…

2 Likes

Paphiopedilum sp. orchid blossom
OM-1, 3.5/90mm Macro lens

7 Likes

Good to see a photo taken with the 90mm Macro lens!

1 Like

Thank you all and especially CoastMountaneer for taking up the initiative!
This forum is for me like an international version of my favourite photo forum: oly-forum.com, a community that emerged from an older German speaking Olympus forum that was a private initiative and much loved.

I feel like contributing a modest little flower I found yesterday on my shutter therapy walk :wink: .

4 Likes

I like that - the fact that it’s not your typical ‘pretty flower’, but a subject most people would overlook, makes it much more interesting IMO.

1 Like