Any E-M1X Users here?

Just wondering if there are any people here still using an E-M1X on a regular basis?
If so, say Hi and what you are using it for.

I am using mine with the 300mm f4 for anything nature related: birds, flowers, insects including bracketing/stacking, anything I can find really in the U.K. I love the synch IS and the fact that the lens focuses down to 1.4m.

If there are no positive replies then I know not to make any E-M1X specific posts in the future. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not using an E-M1X, but I think they are neat cameras and IMO it would be worthwhile for you to make “E-M1X specific posts” because there will always be folks interested in reading them, and your posts will benefit prospective E-M1X owners. :smiley:

2 Likes

A good point. :slight_smile:
I read a lot before I bought mine.

I have an E-M1X. It does well in extreme conditions and I love that it has built in GPS.

2 Likes

Got one too. Mostly for really heavy lenses like 300mm f/4, Kipon 40mm f/0.95, and Voigtlander 29mm f/0.8. Nice thing is its ergos are very good for me and fits my hand comfortably to carry all day via a Camdapter leather hand-strap.

I have the grown up version in the Nikon Z9 too, but that camera’s shutter button overhang cuts into my middle finger’s knuckle so I need to wear a finger glove while using it. Occurs with their heavy lenses like the 70-200mm f/2.8, the 50mm f/1.2, and the 85mm f/1.2 that pulls the thing downwards and into the blistering area of the finger. It’s like dealing with a bowling ball at times so I often grab the E-M1X instead.

2 Likes

Got mine used at a good price and like to use it with my 75-300. A little heavy but i’m used to heavy cameras.

1 Like

I bought an E-M1X a couple of years ago and use it for everything. I still have the original E-M1 that I use as a backup and whenever I need to travel light.

2 Likes

Great to hear from you all. :slight_smile:
I was beginning to think everyone had moved on to the OM-1.

1 Like

I have one but relegated it to a backup body for the OM-1.

Also got one a few years back, I think as a referb from Olympus. Got a good price on that. Use it mostly for the 300 and the 1.2 pros. Like it a lot.

1 Like

Hi, (my first post on this site) I bought a M1X for wildlife a couple years ago and loved it so much I bought a second one! I shoot most of my wildlife from a canoe or kayak and have a 300mm f/4 and a 200mm 2.8 mounted on each M1X. At times I also mount my 40-150 f/2.8 on my M10 IV. I have two Olympus TC14’s and a Panasonic TC14 for the Lumix Leica. I have every range I need within an arms reach. The MX1 was my first MILC. I also have an Oly 100-400 as a walk around good light lens which can produce stunning photos.
Some of my photos here: Hornsbee: Galleries: Digital Photography Review : Digital Photography Review

Yikes! I just saw that I replied to this post 7 months after it posted! Oh well…

Welcome to the forum.
Pity it has slowed down after dpreview stayed open.

I’ve switched from Nikon D7100’s with battery grips to M1X’s. Got my first one a month ago along with the 12-45 f4 and 40-150 f4. I’ll be using the M1X for Motorsport, automotive, product and portrait work. I think the ergonomics are excellent, the weight and balance are perfect. Awaiting the funds from my traded in Nikon gear to get my second M1X.

Just picked up M1X body number 2 !!..if anyone is interested, body one has 1116 shutter activations and body two has 16.573. Both are in exceptional condition. Absolutely loving the camera and I have used it in a serious manner yet (work and hurricanes getting in the way !!!)