***This Week (+ 1/2) Through Your Eyes*** Mar22-31, 2023

The Weekly M43 thread - a very good thing, which deserves continuity…
‘Migrated’ from DPR… and I’m hoping someone can take the reins on a weekly basis…
Greetings to everyone on the ‘Pale Blue Dot’ !
Let’s put up images, no restrictions on camera/format/topic - but something which is intriguing, interesting and more than a snapshot, is a good thing.
I won’t add all the verbage regarding posting and ettiquete, which can come later… we all know what applies.
For future, I’m not a good candidate for the weekly role - I disappear often for many days at a time, especially as we get out of winter…
But for Now, let’s see what you see.

Another School Day, Pangboche, Nepal - Oly E-P5, Oly 14-150mm
Thx
Yuri

8 Likes

Good to carry this over. Are you going to be the every week caretaker of this?
I’ll get a shot and add later.

I have contacted Wormsmeat… hoping he pops in over here…
I tend to disappear for days at a time, especially when it’s more comfy to go backpacking… And I’m trying to continue my yearly extended trip back to my family home in Germany (and Euro excursions).
So, It would be good to have this taken over by someone/few who might also put up this weekly thread/idea… Hoping this continues and includes ALL images from ALL cameras/formats…It’s been the the single biggest draw, keeping me coming to DPR…
EDIT: And the image needn’t be from this week/current. Can be from any prior day. A small statment or story is always appreciated - at least something ID’ing the location…
Thx
Yuri

Giant milkweed blossoms, Coral Gables, Florida

Edit: It worked! I figured it out without a tutorial, but some guidance about how to post would have been helpful. It may be there somewhere, but I couldn’t find it.

Make: OLYMPUS CORPORATION
Model: E-M5MarkIII
Software: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 12.2 (Windows)
Date/Time: 2023-03-15 10:15:08
Exposure Time: 1/250 sec
Exposure Program: Manual
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
F Number: F 3.5
Max Aperture: F 2.8
ISO Speed ratings: ISO 80
Flash:
Focal Length: 60 mm
35mm Equivalent: 120 mm
Metering Mode: Spot

12 Likes

GH5 + 20 1.4 OMDs

3 Likes

This one’s from a couple of weeks back, but I’ve not been able to get out just recently.
OM-D EM-10 Mk II plus SLR Magic 8mm f4.

The SLR Magic is interesting as ultrawides go in having almost zero barrel distortion.
(Edit: this is the high altar and altar screen, Chichester Cathedral.)

3 Likes

I got say, these Blossoms are just incredible !
Giant Milkweed…
nature’s ornamentation - as good as any man-made ornamentation!
The colors! incredible!
A great image, does the subject great justice.
Thx, Yuri

I figure I’ll add one from my short walk through the woods about an hour ago. Just cropped and resized the JPG because, well, it is dinner time…

2 Likes

A quick walk today in unusually nice weather to test my new Olympus 12-45/4 so nothing special I’m afraid. But it works quite well :slight_smile:

Leeds and Liverpool Canal, Barrowford (16:9 crop)
Panasonic GX9 + Olympus 12-45/4 @ 12mm, 1/2500 @ f/4, Aperture Priority

5 Likes

An early spring blossom.

3 Likes

One of my favourite shots of my granddaughter.

Followed by my first attempt at cloning/healing in Faststone to remove an impressive snot trail from her upper lip. It’s far from perfect so I need to learn how to do it better… but it’s a lot better than the original!

2 Likes

A great start.

My grandaughters had their first experience of walking outdoors a couple of weeks ago. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Twins, I’m guessing, Stephen? I find babysitting one is quite hard enough, I can’t imagine chasing two around!

Yep twins.
None in the family so Mum (my daughter) was really surprised. Identical so family history not an indicator.

1 Like

Keeping our ‘tour’ vessel going, in all 4 dimensions; some pics from a weekly small hike group. A hike of awareness; of our surroundings and ourselves. A hike with a midpoint where we briefly discuss some idea and then meditate for 10 min. Returning, rested and more aware.
After literally months of frequent torrential rains, that common day of bright sunshine has become special again. And our landscape is greener than we’ve seen in many years.

Live Oaks, the survivors of a difficult landscape, coming thru fire and extreme drought.

Add water and the landscape explodes in a tunnel of green.

see more of what life brings

Milk Thistle

And the unexpected water… River Dance , or The Boulder Minuet, LOL!

And a quiet place to let it all in

Thx, Yuri

3 Likes

Fab image and a lovely edit too.

Hi ALL !
Please refrain from posting any new images to this thread. Another, newer thread has been started.
OK to comment on images in here already!
… See you all, next weeks…
Thx Yuri :grinning: