Birds with attitude. (Head on)

It is generally stated that bird photographs look better if they are not taken head on.
However I quite like these two.

I would love to see any birds with attitude shots you may have taken.

17 Likes

That definitely made me smile :smiley:

Excellent.
Smiling is something we all need to do as often as possible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

love the treecreeper…

Glad to have added some more love into your life. :wink:

Another Blue Tit. I tend to delete head-on shots as they never look quite right, but I kept this one.

Mike

13 Likes

And a Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher.

Mike

14 Likes

…but I kept this one.

I would have done too. :slight_smile:

Brilliant.
I am so glad I started this thread.

1 Like

Head on they often look angry :grinning:

9 Likes

Do they say that? Nah, surely the posts here so far show that the only rule is “there are no rules”! I like the apparent connection with the viewer in all of them. And in these …Skylark & Meadow Pipit

8 Likes

I can’t resist posting the photo I used for my Avatar.

I thought it came out surprisingly well despite under exposing it 1 stop, and shooting at ISO 4000.

9 Likes

so cute. stunning image.

Blue tit

7 Likes

Some postp… :wink:

Mother of all seagulls

8 Likes

Owls with attitude

Not exactly straight on, but looks like attitude to me…

7 Likes

It’s a shame about the distracting background, but this Canada goose has attitude.

3 Likes

Here are two of mine. I think that the birds look hilarious. I also have an extreme close-up of a female violet-green swallow staring into the lens that looks a bit scary but I’ll need to find and process it first. :smile: Excellent idea for a thread, OP!

Anna’s Hummingbird (male)

Red-winged Blackbird, male. Courting display; there was a gust of wind and he lost balance.

Both shots with my E-M1ii and 300mm Pro + MC-20.

6 Likes

Quite an intense stare! Nesting Bald Eagle

ISO 3200 with shadows boosted. EM1.3 and Oly 100-400mm

2 Likes

Don’t shoot me down because this was taken before I moved to MFT, but it’s a shot that always makes me smile. Ducks look so dim, I guess because their heads get narrower towards the top. And this one is definitely scowling at me.

Mike

10 Likes