The Wildlife Thread

You don’t get to ask bears to pose for the camera, do you :rofl:

This is fantastic! Good one!

Nothing dangerous from me. If I see a snake I squeal like a little girl, & run/ride away. Which is quite often when out riding my MTB in summer

3 Likes

Did somebody say lizards? :lizard:

12 Likes

Absolutely beautiful!

1 Like

Evening fox…

6 Likes

wow, fantastic little lizard, do share some more info about the critter.

1 Like

Palmate newt

I was very excited when I first saw a newt in our small garden pond, but now we have so many frogs don’t even bother laying spawn in it any more.

1 Like

And not for the faint-hearted… a dragonfly nymph

2 Likes

It’s not an alligator, but can’t tell if it’s a caiman or a crocodile. Caimans aren’t native here but a breeding population has developed from morons who smuggle them in and then release them when they grow too big to deal with. Saw this one on the Saturday morning bird walk at Fairchild Garden. It was about 4’ long.

EDIT: I sent the photo to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission for identification, they were sure it’s a crocodile. At least it’s not a caiman, one of our many invasive species.

2 Likes

these buggers look like predator… stuff of which nightmare’s are made.

Hunter
OM-1, Oly 40-150 F4

9 Likes

This evening Foxy showed up, after a light rain shower and before a more serious thunderstorm…

6 Likes

About an hour earlier than usual, and also a different lens than usual - Tamron Adaptall-2 SP LD IF - 360B 300mm F2.8 @f/4…

6 Likes

fantastic set of images

1 Like

Not everyone is afraid of them…
Kingfisher (Alcedo atthis) with a dragonfly nymph

10 Likes

OM-1, 40-150 f4

5 Likes

A recent trio with the Canon EF-S 55-250 STM…

2 Likes

Yesterday shot

10 Likes

brilliant, such a beautiful little squirrle.